The Youth Services Advisory Council (YSAC) is made up of community and state partners who present an organized and unified voice for youth services by:
- Understanding and clarifying services and supports that make up the youth serving system
- Identifying gaps in services and making recommendations to bridge those gaps
- Leveraging funding opportunities
- Mapping and connecting to other groups providing youth services
YSAC Vision:Youth thrive and feel hopeful, respected, empowered and connected to their communities.
YSAC Mission: The Youth Services Advisory Council (YSAC) promotes shared responsibility across state and community stakeholders for achieving positive outcomes for youth and young adults in Vermont. The Council promotes, advocates for, and monitors the continued evolution of culturally competent, holistic, strengths-based service systems for Vermont’s young people, advocates for improved quality of and access to these services, and organizes policy responses to remove barriers to achieving these goals.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the council please contact one of the following chairs:
- Cheryle Wilcox, Department of Mental Health-Commissioner's Office, Interagency Planning Director, Cheryle.Wilcox@vermont.gov, 802-760-9171
- Sara Chesbrough, Vermont Department of Health-Maternal Child Health Division, Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Coordinator, Sara.Chesbrough@vermont.gov, 802-863-7268
Holly Morehouse, Vermont Afterschool, Executive Director, Hollymorehouse@vermontafterschool.org, 802-448-3464