Act 264, passed in 1988, requires that human services and public education work together, involve parents and coordinate services for better outcomes for children and families. The act developed a coordinated system of care so that children and adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance and their families receive appropriate educational, mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice, residential, and other treatment services in accordance with an individual plan.
Under the Interagency Agreement of 2005, eligibility was expanded to include all children/youth with a disability who receive services from the Agency of Education and the Agency of Human Services.
2005 Interagency Agreement: Pursuant to Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act - June 2005
Act 264 Interagency Agreement User's Guide: This document provides background information about the enactment of the original Act 264 legislation in 1988, a brief summary of the law and the 2005 Interagency Agreement.
Coordinated Services Plan (CSP) This form is a joint resource of the Vermont Agency of Human Services and the Vermont Agency of Education. Due to the nature and intended purpose of this document, certain features may not be fully accessible. If you encounter errors in formatting or structure that prevent you from accessing the content in this document, please contact Alicia Hanrahan at email@example.com or at 802-479-1206. For more information, read the Agency of Education Web and Document Accessibility Policy.
- “Are you planning a training for your community on Act 264? We've got resources for that!” CSP Training Video, by the Rutland LIT
- Facilitator's Guide for a CSP. This is a partner document to the CSP which provides information about the various sections of the CSP, tips for facilitation, and a proposed agenda for a CSP meeting.
- Tips for Facilitating a CSP in a Virtual World-Thank you, Chittenden Partners!
- Watch an Act 264 Training provided by Chittenden County View the slides utilized during this training.
- Northeast Kingdom: A Training on Act 264
- Looking for a great checklist to walk you through the steps of a CSP BEFORE the meeting, click to view the checklist special thanks to the Rutland LIT
- If you'd like to see a 55-minute, dynamic, interesting Act 264 Training put on by the Lamoille LIT check this out! https://greenmountainaccess.tv/project/act-264-interagency-process-overview/
- Example from Chittenden: An Evaluation to give caregivers who attend Act 264 Meetings
- Example from Chittenden: Referral Questions and Information when talking to DCF
- Are you wondering when DCF should be at the table for Coordinated Services Plan meetings? This best practice guidance may help!
- Lamoille LIT: Printable Brochure about CSPs
- Hartford LIT: Presentation about Act 264 and new CSP Form (December 2018)
- Watch a video that shows a Family-Centered Local Interagency Team Meeting
- For easy to understand information about CSPs you can view to the Vermont Federation of Families overview.
Annual System of Care Reports
Teams Established By Act 264
1. Act 264 Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is made up of nine members appointed by the governor, including equal numbers of parents, advocates, and providers. The board's purpose is to advise the secretaries of the Agency of Human Services and of the Agency of Education, and the commissioners of Mental Health, Children and Families, and Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living on:
- matters relating to children and adolescents with any disability and their families;
- the development and status of the interagency system of care; and
- yearly priorities for the interagency system of care.
- Meeting Dates 2023
- Link for Meeting: Microsoft Teams meeting
- Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
- Click here to join the meeting
- Meeting ID: 277 539 858 426
- Passcode: uzGxXH
- Download Teams | Join on the web
- Or call in (audio only)
- +1 802-552-8456,,859142454# United States, Montpelier
- Phone Conference ID: 859 142 454#
- Find a local number | Reset PIN
- Learn More | Meeting options
September 7, 2023
July 28, 2023
June 23, 2023
May 19, 2023
April 28, 2023
March 24, 2023
February 24, 2023
January 27, 2023
December 16, 2022
November 18, 2022
October 28, 2022
September 23, 2022
2. State Interagency Team
July 28, 2023
June 27, 2023
April 27, 2023
March 23, 2023
February 23, 2023
January 12, 2023
3. Local Interagency Team
LIT Connections Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2023
August 2, 2023
March 20, 2023
February 15, 2023
November 17, 2022
September 20, 2022
4. Case Review Committee