Act 264, passed in 1988, requires that human services and public education work together, involve parents and coordinate services for better outcomes for children and families. The act developed a coordinated system of care so that children and adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance and their families receive appropriate educational, mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice, residential, and other treatment services in accordance with an individual plan.
Under the Interagency Agreement of 2005, eligibility was expanded to include all children/youth with a disability who receive services from the Agency of Education and the Agency of Human Services.
Annual System of Care Plans
2005 Interagency Agreement: Pursuant to Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act - June 2005
Act 264 Interagency Agreement User's Guide: This document provides background information about the enactment of the original Act 264 legislation in 1988, a brief summary of the law and the 2005 Interagency Agreement.
Coordinated Services Plan (CSP) This form is a joint resource of the Vermont Agency of Human Services and the Vermont Agency of Education. Due to the nature and intended purpose of this document, certain features may not be fully accessible. If you encounter errors in formatting or structure that prevent you from accessing the content in this document, please contact Alicia Hanrahan at email@example.com or at 802-479-1206. For more information, read the Agency of Education Web and Document Accessibility Policy.
Resources for Training and Organizing Act 264 Meetings:
- Watch an Act 264 Training provided by Chittenden County: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty397MdZChQ. For the slides utilized during this training click here
- Example from Chittenden: An Evaluation to give caregivers who attend Act 264 Meetings
- Example from Chittenden: Referral Questions and Information when talking to DCF
- Example from Chittenden: Agenda for an Act 264 Meeting
- Northeast Kingdom: A Training on Act 264
- Lamoille LIT: Example of a Guide on CSPs
SIT Meeting Minutes
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October-No Meeting
- November and December meeting combined
LIT Extravaganza Presentations
The CANS and the CAT: Two Windows into Vermont’s System of Care
- Presentation from Chittenden County on Act 264
- Questions from Chittenden LIT that are used for informating DCF about an Act 264 Referral