Act 264, passed in 1988, requires that human services and public education work together, involve parents and coordinate services for better outcomes for children and families. The act developed a coordinated system of care so that children and adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance and their families receive appropriate educational, mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice, residential, and other treatment services in accordance with an individual plan.
Under the Interagency Agreement of 2005, eligibility was expanded to include all children/youth with a disability who receive services from the Agency of Education and the Agency of Human Services.
Coordinated Services Plan (CSP) This form is a joint resource of the Vermont Agency of Human Services and the Vermont Agency of Education. Due to the nature and intended purpose of this document, certain features may not be fully accessible. If you encounter errors in formatting or structure that prevent you from accessing the content in this document, please contact Alicia Hanrahan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 802-479-1206. For more information, read the Agency of Education Web and Document Accessibility Policy.
Facilitator's Guide for a CSP. This is a partner document to the CSP which provides information about the various sections of the CSP, tips for facilitation, and a proposed agenda for a CSP meeting.
Tips for Facilitating a CSP in a Virtual World-Thank you, Chittenden Partners!
2005 Interagency Agreement: Pursuant to Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act - June 2005
Act 264 Interagency Agreement User's Guide: This document provides background information about the enactment of the original Act 264 legislation in 1988, a brief summary of the law and the 2005 Interagency Agreement.
Annual System of Care Reports
- Local Interagency Team Coordinators
- Local Interagency Practice Guidance
- Local Interagency Team Parent Representatives
- Agenda template for LIT meetings
- Act 264 Advisory Board Members
Are you planning a training for your community on Act 264? We've got resources for that!
- Watch an Act 264 Training provided by Chittenden County here. For the slides utilized during this training click here
- Northeast Kingdom: A Training on Act 264
- Looking for a great checklist to walk you through the steps of a CSP BEFORE the meeting. Find that here-special thanks to the Rutland LIT
- If you'd like to see a 55-minute, dynamic, interesting Act 264 Training put on by the Lamoille LIT check this out! https://greenmountainaccess.tv/project/act-264-interagency-process-overview/
- Example from Chittenden: An Evaluation to give caregivers who attend Act 264 Meetings
- Example from Chittenden: Referral Questions and Information when talking to DCF
- Are you wondering when DCF should be at the table for Coordinated Services Plan meetings? This best practice may help!
- Lamoille LIT: Printable Brochure about CSPs
- Hartford LIT: Presentation about Act 264 and new CSP Form (December 2018)
- Watch a video that shows a Family-Centered Local Interagency Team Meeting at: https://youtu.be/qEFetvrV2Mo
- For easy to understand information about CSPs you can refer to the Vermont Federation of Families overview here
Case Review Committee
State Interagency Team
SIT Meeting Minutes
LIT Connections Meeting Minutes
Annual Statewide LIT Gatherings
- Powerpoint from the day
- The CANS and the CAT: Two Windows into Vermont’s System of Care
- Governor's Proclamation Celebrating 30 Years of Act 264